This month our sustainably stylish lady is the lovely Brooke! Not only is this women a fabulous artist and photographer (make sure to follow her on Instagram and e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org) but she is a advocate and supporter of style, authenticity and using consignment and vintage clothing stores to express and define your own unique style. Brooke is one of those wonderful people who always sees to best in life and shows her passion through her work. I absolutely love her latest bold and beautiful hair colour (a bright rose gold pink hue) and also appreciate so much about the way she can put together an outfit. Read about Brooke below and her unique take on style. We are so lucky to have a fashionista like Brooke as Calgary's own.
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself? I am a plant loving, traveller who loves an adventure and spending time with my friends. I love creating new relationships and finding ways to collaborate with people. Art is a big thing for me, whether it is photography or otherwise, and being able to connect with people over it is a really beautiful thing.
2. How do you define style for yourself? Style for me is an expression of who I am, via my clothing. I love experimenting with vintage clothing, second hand clothing hunting, and consignment clothing. I think the beauty in style is everyone can be a bit different when experimenting with different trends in their own way.
3. What’s your must have style accessory? My must have accessory is definitely bags! You could say I am a modern day bag lady...
4. If there was one piece of style advice you would give to others what would be it be? I think not focussing on what other people are wearing or doing, but finding something that makes you feel beautiful is something every girl should strive for. Following trends is fun, but it is more important to wear clothes that fit your body and make you feel good. Not being afraid to stand out and be unique is hard, but something to absolutely strive for.
5. What sparked your interest in sustainable style? I love the idea of finding a piece that was well loved by someone else and creating a new way to love it within your own wardrobe.
6. What’s your favorite vintage, sustainable, or eco fashion stores? Why? I love The Clothing Bar for it's diversity and of course it's amazing prices, the owner Katie is my great friend. I work with Katie, doing photography for her blog and other events. I also love a good trip to Value Village!
7. Currently wearing?
Currently I am wearing second hand jeans from Value Village that I cut and hemmed, a tank from Nordstrom and a jean vest, from a shop called Vintage After Death, in Victoria.