This July meet the beautiful Kate, founder of Kate Lee Image Consulting. She is a strong advocate for sustainably style and has an incredible eye for style as well as a keen ability to put together beautiful, stunning outfits. Kate was introduced to me during a fashion show for Sustainable Style that was put on by the Clothing Bar, a consignment store in Calgary. The night was called "Take me to Paris". At the show, Kate was instrumental in organizing the models and helping to run the show with style and ease. Read below about this incredible woman below and how she defines style for herself. Not only does she have a strong fashion background, but she has been a risk taker with her own career and is now enjoying living a minimalistic and fashionable life! Here's to this great boss babe!
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself? I lived in Vancouver, BC from September, 2009 to April, 2014 where I worked in the fashion industry and as a professional figure skating coach. At the age of 18 I packed up my 1995 Chrysler and drove over the mountains to follow my dreams of becoming a fashion designer. September 2009 I started my first day of fashion school at Blanche MacDonald Center in downtown Vancouver on Robson Street. 2010 I graduated from their fashion design program making my debut at the annual fashion show where I was presented with the construction award. Later I would go on to intern with local designers Genevieve Graham in 2010 and Roberta Cottam in 2011. Over the next few years I would continue to design everything from figure skating dresses to ready to wear pieces. Since moving back to Calgary in April 2014, I has been styling everything from individual client looks to editorial fashions shoots. My unique perspective from design has proven to give me a special edge when it come to creating unique looks on set.
2. How do you define style for yourself? Style for me is about feeling great. My style must is quality! Over the last few years I have been really focused on removing the clutter from my wardrobe and building a wardrobe that is full of sustainable fashion, quality and classic pieces, and some unique finds the represent me.
3. What’s your must-have style accessory? Simple, versitale everyday jewelry.
4. If there was one piece of style advice you would give to others what would be it be? Be yourself and don't let anyone dull your sparkle, if you love and feel beautiful that's all that matters.
5. What sparked your interest in sustainable style? Savings! There is nothing I love more than a good deal. The more I shopped consignment the more I loved it. You can get really amazing pieces that are great quaility for the fraction of the price. The best part of shopping local consignment is everyone wins you the shopper, the consigner, and the store.
6. What’s your favorite vintage, sustainable, or eco fashion stores? Why? My favourite has to be The Clothing Bar in Calgary, AB. The Clothing Bar is my go to consignment store for a few reasons, the selection is amazing, Katie (the owner) is absolutely amazing and always a pleasure to shop and work with, and the prices are always amazing!
7. Currently wearing? Currently I am wearing a Wilfred wrap dress that I picked up from The Clothing Bar, paired with my favourite chunky sandals from Steve Madden.