This May I am pleased to introduce Rachel as our Sustainably Stylish feature. She is a go getter entrepreneur who has decided to tackle the challenge of running a natural health care beauty salon, called The Natural Art of Skin Care. Not only is this wonderful woman full of energy and enthusiasm, but she marches to her own tune, challenging herself to be active, healthy and stylish while also being unapologetically unafraid to show her own talents and unique style to others! Learn more about this role model of a woman below and how she lives and breathes conscious living in all areas of her life, including fashion!
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself? I am a young enthusiastic small business owner. I like to stay active by going to the gym and frequently hiking and camping - I'm always on the move.
2. How do you define style for yourself? I like to keep it vibrant, comfortable and stylish. I like a laid back professional look to go from the office, to all my outings and social gatherings.
3. What’s your must have style accessory? My must haves are my semi-precious stone bracelets, rings, a scarf and my oversize socks.
4. If there was one piece of style advice you would give to others what would be it be? Be unapologetically yourself - no matter what that may look like! Always please yourself first, people will judge regardless.
5. What sparked your interest in sustainable style? Being in the natural health care industry, a sustainable lifestyle has always been my choice and way of living. Being a small business owner, I always have to keep in mind the bottom line, vintage shopping has always allowed me to refresh my wardrobe with the seasons while remaining within a budget.
6. What’s your favorite vintage, sustainable, or eco fashion stores? Why? My favorite vintage stores I frequent around Calgary are Peacock Boutique (Kensington & Beltline), The Clothing Bar (Marda Loop), and Vespucci (Elbow Drive). These are my favorite consignment stores because they carry some of the best brands I've come across for great prices. I always feel like I can fully upgrade my wardrobe while staying within a budget.
7. Currently wearing? I am currently wearing a talula skirt, an earthy green dress shirt, tall knee-high socks, always accompanied by a blazer, scarf and all my jewels.
You can Follow Rachel and the Natural Art of Skin Care on Twitter and Instagram.