I am so happy to be kicking off 2017 with a style feature from one of my favorite people. I met Ashya through mutual friends and over the past year, I have watched as her business, Inner Wolf Jewelry has grown and become one of the hottest local jewelry businesses in Calgary. Besides Alberta, it's also available across Canada in British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Ashyas designs are not only unique, but incredibly beautiful - made from raw crystals and combining looks such as short chokers, elegant long necklaces, chunky rings, and dream catchers. I was so excited to learn that her line is now available in two of my favorite consignment stores in Calgary: Curated Consignment and The Clothing Bar.
Read more about the brain behind this creative effort below and be sure to check out her work at Inner Wolf Jewelry.
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself? I am half a First Nations Cree and half Turkish! A bit of a cool mix. I've been making dreamcatchers since I was 10 years old, so the art side always stuck with me. I grew up In Saskatoon Sk, never really felt like home to me. I went to University there, Dropped out and moved to Australia. After that I couldn't keep still. I finally settled down in Calgary, met an amazing man and we moved to LA where I started to make jewelry and started my adventure in that route! We moved back to Calgary and voila! Here I am with a growing successful business!
2. How do you define style for yourself?
hmmm I don't really know how to answer that question! So style to me has never really been at the top of my list to keep up with the latest trends or what's happening! My style has been basically go with the flow! Whatever I feel most comfortable in! Usually black!
3. What’s your must have style accessory?
I'm not a big accessory person actually! It's funny being a jewelry artist and never wearing jewelry! I generally wear one of my favorite crystal necklaces or one of my pieces that I'm feeling at the moment.
4. If there was one piece of style advice you would give to others what would be it be? Do you! <3
5. What sparked your interest in sustainable style?
Probably just what I think looks good! I've never really been a "fashionista" type person! But black will never go away from being fashionable!!
6. What’s your favorite vintage, sustainable, or eco fashion stores? Why?